- Our Work
- Security Engineering
- Contingency Planning Services
- Lunarline Privacy Services
- Security Compliance
- Service Coverage
- Certificate of Networthiness
- Cloud Security
- Cyber Security Training and Certifications
- IT Security Governance & Cyber Security Strategy
- Incident Response
- Mobile Device Security
- Penetration Testing
- Physical Security
- Risk / Vulnerability Assessments
- Risk Assessments
- Risk Management Framework / Certification & Accreditation (C&A)
- Secure Network Design and Implementation
- Secure System / Software Quality Assurance
- Security Auditing
- Contact Us
Lunarline’s cleared and experienced Cyber Security professionals provide federal and DoD agencies with innovative methodologies and solutions designed to facilitate an easy passage through the confusing and often conflicting environment of the certification and accreditation (C&A) process. Lunarline’s approach to C&A ensures a straightforward process that puts your information systems unquestionably in compliance and ensures you maintain your accreditation through continuous monitoring. Our award-winning staff has the skills, clearances, and determination necessary to realize innovative approaches that others cannot or will not.
DCID 6/3 Services and Solutions
The Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 outlines specific security requirements that must be met before an Information System (IS) can be accredited to process Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or information associated with intelligence community systems. Lunarline’s information assurance professionals and security engineers can assist in determining and implementing the appropriate set of technical and non-technical safeguards necessary for an information system to be DCID 6/3 compliant and accredited.
The focus of DCID 6/3 is to provide uniform policy guidance and requirements for ensuring adequate protection of certain categories of intelligence information stored or processed on an information system. Lunarline has experience in supporting DCID 6/3 activities including but not limited to:
- Determination of the Appropriate Levels of Concern and Protection Level
- Identification of the Appropriate Technical, Operational, and Managerial System Requirements
- Specification of Interconnection Security Requirements
- Development of the Certification Test Plan and Preparation for Certification Testing Activities
- Technical Validation of Current Security Posture
- Execution of Security Assessments and Preparation of the Security Assessment Report
- Development of the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Preparation and Delivery of the Certification Package to the Cognizant Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA)
Lunarline’s experience also extends to supporting the accreditation of Special Access Program (SAP) information systems. Lunarline’s C&A experts have worked closely with the individual service and agency SAP designated accrediting authority (DAA) to identify and implement SAP-specific security requirements, including the creation of System Security Plans (SSPs) and assistance with the testing effort and report completion. Leveraging lessons learned with the Federal, DoD and intelligence communities, Lunarline has developed a standardized and consistent approach to C&A that is adaptable to the differences between the various C&A processes.
DCID 6/3 Transition
Lunarline is uniquely qualified to ensure that organizations experience a smooth transition from their C&A processes aligned to the DCID 6/3 requirements to the emerging Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) requirements. Our security experts have been part of the C&A Transformation Process since its initiation, including participation in authoring NIST SP 800-53A security controls.
Please email CNSS@lunarline.com or call 571-481-9300 for more information and a free quote.